boy's behaviors changing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

boy's behaviors changing

Post by beachsunsets19 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:00 pm

"Things are breaking up. I don't understand why. We began well; we were happy. And then-" (Ralph,pg.82)

When the boys first arrived on the island, they all planned things, set up guidelines and rules, and made jobs and what was expected out of each person. For example, they set up the conch shell idea where they only person that could talk was the person holding the conch shell. They planned a very organized community that they were going to be living in until they were found and rescued. The boy's behaviors have changed due to anger and frustration and little disagreements that have affected an outcome of a situation. Most of the boys on the island have went against another person on the island, due to a disagreement. Boys are opposing the ideas and the acts of other people because they thought that the time could be better used by doing something else, just like what happened with Jack, when Ralph and Simon said that the time would have been better used in building shelters rather than hunting. I think there are many factors that add up to the frustration, but I think that the main reason is that people are having different ideas and they are getting in arguments over what would've been a better use of time. I also think just the overall fact of them all being stuck on this island with the mindset that they are not going to be rescued and they will all just eventually just die.

beachsunsets19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top